[kw-pm] September's meeting: mod_perl

Daniel R. Allen da at coder.com
Thu Sep 4 11:19:34 CDT 2003

An early announcement, and a question.

September's meeting will be a talk on mod_perl led by Arguile.  We've been
looking forward to this since the Spring.

The question is: we have a couple options for the date/location, which
bring up a bit of conflict.

One choice; on-campus at the bioinformatics lab; on Thursday the 25th (a
week later than usual).  Or that Friday at the same location.

Another choice; somewhere else to be determined, on the usual date, with
somebody else volunteering to arrange it.

Both myself and Tomas who have access to the bioinformatics lab will be
out of town during the usual date this month.  So I wouldn't be able to
make it for option B, which wouldn't be the end of the world and I'd
be fine with that option; especially because:

I've been in contact with Richard Dice of Toronto.pm and we've been also
invited to Toronto.pm for their yearly Lightning Talks; which is *also*
Thursday the 25th.

My inclination is, since we're trying to welcome local students, we
shouldn't make a to.pm road-trip our official meeting; and, we shouldn't
put off poor Arguile another month for his talk.

So if we can swing another location for the usual date (the 18th), we
could ALSO have a road-trip to toronto for the lightning talks (which are
a number of 5-10 minute talks; the format is popular at YAPC and is a lot
of fun).

Or, we can take the easy route and have our meeting a week later and send
our regrets to toronto regarding this month's invite.

Thoughts?

-Daniel

http://coder.com/ - Prescient Code Solutions - (519) 575-3733 da at coder.com