[kw-pm] November: social?

Daniel R. Allen da at coder.com
Thu Nov 13 18:13:11 CST 2003

Things have been a bit quiet 'round here lately.  I've been working on a
couple perl projects.  Mostly just time-consuming and not worth speaking
of.

I'm in the middle-stages of writing a module which I hope to release as
GD::Text::Arc (to draw TrueType text so it follows a curve). Which I'd be
happy to speak about at some point when it's closer to done.

It seems we don't have a speaker this month.  I am curious whether people
are interested in a social meeting?  Next Wed. or Thurs.?

..I was feeling depressed that we didn't seem to have enough critical mass
to have lively list discussions and technical talks, until I realized that
for the size of tech community around here, perhaps we're not doing badly.
Heck, Toronto gets ~5 times as many attenders in a city at least ten times
larger.  Probably 20 times larger.

What to do about it?  Dunno; I leave that as a semi-rhetorical question.

-Daniel

http://coder.com/ - Prescient Code Solutions - (519) 575-3733 da at coder.com