[kw-pm] creating distribution packages for modules

Daniel R. Allen da at coder.com
Wed Jun 18 09:35:04 CDT 2003

Ah; so checkinstall makes a record of every file that is touched; which
includes perllocal.pod; so it includes that as part of the package?

I haven't ever created a perl package for $favourate_distribution, myself,
but my understanding is that .deb packages do not touch perllocal.pod
and .rpm packages leave it up to the package creator to manually edit the
.pod.  Or not update it, as the case may be.  SuSE seems to do it the
right way, with a standard convention to modify perllocal.pod:
http://www.suse.de/~mmj/Package-Conventions/SuSE-Package-Conventions-3.html

HTH.

-Daniel