[kw-pm] How was YAPC::CA?

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-pm at benshaw.com
Tue Jun 3 09:25:47 CDT 2003

> we supply XML, it's just that we're perceived as having the audacity to
> charge for it. What's a guy with commercially valuable content to do? ;-)

There's nothing wrong with charging for the XML; Does anyone know you have
that feature?  (I have no idea who you are, but that's neither here nor
there :-)

The guys who want it for free or noncomercial would have to resort to
scraping, which is probably fine.  I'm a big fan of free for noncommercial
but it's a very fine line and you're constantly policing then, unless you
make your XML available on an HTTP passworded URL.  At least then you can
slap the commercial guy's pee pee's if they claim it was noncommercial and
it turns out it wasn't.

I dunno, still seems like too much work.  :-)

Regards,
Andrew