[kw-pm] July Meeting

Daniel R. Allen da at coder.com
Thu Jul 10 08:03:47 CDT 2003

On 10 Jul 2003, Arguile wrote:

> s/Andrew/Arguile/; # At least last anyone told me :)

s/Daniel R. Allen/Brain Sometimes Functional/g;

> Anyways, I'd be fine giving it later. Sitting around drinking beer and
> talking shop -- whilst enjoying the summer eye-candy on the patio --
> sounds fine.
>
> > How about we try someplace new?  Does Ethel's Lounge have a patio?  I ate
> > there recently, and they have good food and good beer.
>
> Yes they do have a patio out the side. I will never understand the love
> for linoleum and cheap dives that drives people to Ethel's, but I'm game
> :).

...I'd call them a boutique dive, if such could exist.  They put some
effort into the dive look, the prices were too normal for a dive, they had
lots of beers on tap, and the food was better than I expected.

> It should be warned though that any patio meeting is likely to
> involve other patrons (or some among us?) smoking.

Assuming we're not sitting in a blue fog or thundershowers, I can cope.
If all else fails, we pick up and go inside. :-)

It sounds like we've got more interest in a patio meeting than a tech
meeting this month and next.  Chris, want to change the website, or shall
I?

-Daniel

http://coder.com/ - Prescient Code Solutions - (519) 575-3733 da at coder.com