[kw-pm] Next Meeting

Daniel R. Allen da at coder.com
Sat Jan 25 19:14:38 CST 2003

If I recall correctly, for our next meeting (Thursday, Feb. 20th) we're
going to do Perl Q & A.  To start things off, Chris (or I?.. Chris?) will
talk about finding things on CPAN (the Comprehensive Perl Archive
Network), and also I'll spend a few minutes deconstructing the Schwartzian
Transform.  If you haven't seen it before, it's an efficient yet
odd-looking sorting algorithm that goes like this:

@data_out =
    map  { $_->[1] }
    sort { $a->[0] cmp $a->[0] }
    map  { [func($_), $_] } @data_in;

We're presently seeking other questions that need answers, and/or
answers that need questions.  Lloyd- did you have some kind of
phone-keypad puzzle script you wanted to show?  Robert- you had a hangman
puzzle?

Does anybody want to deconstruct the DeCSS 4-liner? :-)

Happy Windows Refund Day and Chinese New Year.

-Daniel

http://kw.pm.org/ - Kitchener-Waterloo Perlmongers -          da at kw.pm.org
http://coder.com/ - Prescient Code Solutions - (519) 575-3733 da at coder.com