[kw-pm] [tpm] YAPC::NA 2004 selection

Daniel R. Allen da at coder.com
Fri Aug 22 07:41:24 CDT 2003

This just in...

-Daniel
http://coder.com/ - Prescient Code Solutions - (519) 575-3733 da at coder.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 07:51:16 -0400
From: Richard Dice <>
To: tpm at to.pm.org
Subject: [tpm] YAPC::NA 2004 selection

I received word last night from Jeff, chair of the YAPC::NA selection
committee...

>> Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 22:24:17 -0400
>> From: Jeff Bisbee <tpf-steering at jbisbee.com>
>> Subject: YAPC::NA 2004 Venue
>>
>> The votes are in and Buffalo has been selected for the YAPC::NA 2004 venue.
>> Toronto came in at a VERY close second.  I will publicly annouce the
>> venue selection tomorrow via use.perl, perlmonks, and the pm_groups
>> list.

The rest of the email was details on selection procedure.  This was
information that the YAPC committee created during (or even after) the
bids were prepared and submitted this year -- it's a very new procedure.
  Basically, there are a number of categories, each judge can give each
bid points towards each category, and then they "find out" which bid
came away with the best score.  (Jeff didn't describe the exact
comparison metric.)

Thanks to everyone for their work on this bid.  I've passed along
congratulations to the bid team of Buffalo.pm.

Cheers,
Richard

This email appears to originate from the Toronto Perl Mongers Listserver.

Listserv :  tpm at to.pm.org
Administrative queries: owner-tpm at to.pm.org