[kw-pm] Meeting the Second

Daniel R. Allen daniel at coder.com
Sat Oct 12 10:05:19 CDT 2002

If I'm not mistaken, we have both a topic and a location for our second
meeting.  Chris C. has offered to talk about regular expressions.  We'll
meet in the same room as last time, Davis 2305 at the U of W, next
Thursday, October 17th.

Can we get a brief discussion going here- what perl modules do you think
are under-appreciated?

Personally, I like Memoize.pm. If you haven't seen it, it replaces
expensive subroutine-calls with very quick table-lookups.  It will work on
any subroutine whose outputs depend on, and only on, the inputs.  It can
also store the results on disk so repeated program calls will become
faster as well.  I've seen 5x code speedups with it, just by adding two
lines to my code.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

-Daniel