[kw-pm] javadoc for perl

Daniel R. Allen da at coder.com
Fri Nov 22 10:04:00 CST 2002

...except, perhaps, in the non-typical situation where an organization
wants to use a different method, such as javadoc style comments, to be
consistent with their Java code.  I don't think the suggestion was like
'print if /#/' or anything; just a convention for turning regular comments
that were specifically documentation into docs.

Generally, I agree about the use of POD instead of some weird homebrew (or
otherbrew) doc system; I think I directly recommended the standard
"comments for implementation, POD for interface" line.

The discussion during the talk was between inline POD and EOF POD, and
there was a comment that an alternative to inline POD that looked more
like Javadoc did exist, since some people really don't like inline POD.

-Daniel