[kw-pm] guest talks

Daniel R. Allen da at coder.com
Mon Nov 4 11:33:44 CST 2002

I've gotten a few emails from potential visitors and guest speakers I
wanted to pass on to the list.

Jay Lawrence, organizer of Ottawa.pm, has said he'd love to give a guest
talk the next time he's in the area.

Toronto.pm has offered to send us a guest speaker, some time in the
indefinite future.  I've been talking with their organizer and I will pass
on a list of potential topics as soon as they have them put together.
They are also interested in coming up with other ways to share resources
with us.

Reciprocally, I said that after our group has a few more talks under
our belt, we would be happy to present to Toronto.pm as well.

Last but not least, Matt Sargeant, of SpamAssassin and AxKit fame, has
said he will stop by the next time he's in town; he has family in the
area.

The amount of goodwill in the perl community will never stop amazing
me.

Oh- speaking of which- Ottawa is in the running for YAPC 2003, Yet Another
Perl Conference.

-Daniel