[Kochi-pm] [Perlweekly] An apology and a bonus ink

Gabor Szabo gabor at szabgab.com
Tue Feb 3 02:30:10 PST 2015

Hi there,

sorry to interrupt your mid-week work schedule, but we (the editors)
thought it might
be better to do this ASAP. Here is what Neil Bowers wrote:

Hi,

This is a apology for one of my entries in this week’s Perl Weekly (PW),
linking to an article by Frew Schmidt (FREW). I won’t repeat it here, since
it offended some readers the first time, but here’s Frew’s article:

https://blog.afoolishmanifesto.com/posts/docker-first-impressions/

This was intended as a joke, and one I felt I could get away with, given my
knowledge of, and respect for, Frew. But humour doesn’t always travel well,
and many of you don’t know either Frew or myself. In that light, this was
inappropriate for Perl Weekly and I apologise.

The editors of the Perl Weekly have agreed a style guide going forward: no
profanity, and no questionable humour. The Perl Weekly is an *edited*
collection
of links though, so there will always be an editorial voice.

So you get some Perl content with this email, here’s a link to Tatsuhiko
Miyagawa's chat about Perl 5 with Perl Pumpking Ricardo Signes at FOSDEM:

http://rebuild.fm/77/

And for the record, Frew generally does know what he’s talking about :-)

Neil

It's not all the fault of Neil of course.
I should have also noticed and replaced that text before sending out the
email,
but I missed it. Sorry for that.

Now go back to your regular Perl coding and blogging, please.

regards
   Gabor