enterring parameters for CGI scripts

Andy Cowell andy at cowell.org
Wed Oct 31 13:26:10 CST 2001

In message <01103111400708.10572 at pancakes.darktech.org>, Michael Spiceland writ
es:
> Normally when I execute a CGI script from the command line I get a prompt
> that says to enter in the name=value pairs.  I then enter them one per line
> and hit CNTL-D and it spits out the html and/or errors.  I have a particular
> script that is not prompting me to enter in these parameters.  I need to
> troubleshoot it.  How can I force it to do this?

Your CGI script must be using CGI.pm in order to do this, see below:

andy at okura:[/usr/home/andy] cat bin/mix/perlsh
perl -e 'while (<STDIN>) { eval; print $@; }'
andy at okura:[/usr/home/andy] perlsh
use CGI;
$q = new CGI;
(offline mode: enter name=value pairs on standard input)
http://knoxville.pm.org/