Perl In Knoxville

Joshua shoetick at icx.net
Thu Aug 9 05:56:21 CDT 2001

    Ok, Well so far there are 4 of us and I have a friend who is not on
the list that is a awesome perl programmer that will be more than happy
to join us. Steve, you say there were only 6 people. I think 6 will be
the easy part. I emailed to guy who did the http://knoxville.pm.org site
to see if he still wants to do this, or if he will let me do it.  If,
not I can get us a Site.

By the way everyone, My name is Joshua Shoemaker, I work for ICX Online
out in Oak Ridge. I don't currently write perl for them I am a network
technician.  I did develop a few scripts for Duro Communications (owner
of ICX) for their technical support call center evaluations and so on in
perl.  I am working to get involved in a few open source projects right
now for provisioning static IP addresses, to make life simple when you
need to cut a static for someone, plus it helps to keep track of who has
a static or subnet.

That is a little about me.  My friend who is going to be the fifth wheel
as soon as he gets on the list is a System administrator (UNIX) at
ICX Online. A very, very talented person.  His name is Tony. I am sure
if you guys want to try to strike this list back up you will get a lot a
answers from him.

Well,  This list is not dead anymore, so if you have a conversation
pieces or a question that is stumping you, there is a resource in
Knoxville now.

http://knoxville.pm.org/