[Kc] October meeting

Andrew Moore amoore at mooresystems.com
Wed Oct 7 18:02:53 PDT 2009

Greetings KC Perl Mongers -

Our October meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, October 13th at 7pm at
Barley's in Shawnee.

As always we welcome new folks and repeat visitors, old folks and
young folks (Barley's is not just a bar, so they let in minors),
people who write perl at work, home or never, people interested in
learning perl, and even people who prefer Python, PHP, or just about
any other language. We typically set up shop in the back of the
restaurant with two or three high-tops pushed together. We chat for
about an hour or two about new things in the perl world and new things
in the local technology scene. We drink a few beers and eat a bit
along the way.

As far as topics for discussion go, we're always open for suggestions.
If you have something that you want to cover, feel free to mention it
now, or bring it up at the meeting. Personally, I notice that perl
5.11.0 is out, and so I'm thinking that it's time that my organization
move to 5.10. I'd love to get to use some of the features. How do you
guys decide when it's appropriate to move forward the version of perl
that you use on your project?

I'm looking forward to seeing lots of folks at the meeting. If you're
thinking of attending, feel free to let the group know in advance so I
know how many tables to try to push together. If you can't find us in
the restaurant, ask the hostess for "Mr. Pearl's table" or just wander
around the back of the bar looking lost and we'll spot you.

see you at 7 on Tuesday evening!

-Andy