[Kc] Perl LWP (libwww-perl) problems using a proxy that requires

Daryl Fallin darylvf at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 13:14:42 PST 2009

I ended up basically replacing this part of my code

my $req = HTTP::Request->new(GET =>"https://$username:$password\@
qualysguard.qualys.com/msp/scan_report_list.php");

with
system "wget --proxy=on
http_proxy=http://10.10.10.10:9090/--proxy-user=$proxyuser
--proxy-passwd=$proxypass --user=$username
--password=$password -O $SCAN_REPORT_FILE
https://qualysguard.qualys.com/msp/scan_report_list.php";

if ( ! open INFILE, "<$SCAN_REPORT_FILE") {
      die "Could not open file ($!)";
    }

my $content;
for (<INFILE>) {
   $content .= $_;
}

Its not elegant, but it got the job done.  They guy I wrote this for ended
up not using it because I had hacked the original perl from Qualys too much
by using wget and he was afraid that Qualys and the other CMS (Content
Management Solution vendor in Kansas City) would not support it.

(forgot to copy kc at pm.org on the first reply so I added them back in just in
case someone else has some additional input)

- daryl