[Kc] editors and IDEs (was: May Meeting)

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Thu May 8 10:13:08 PDT 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Frank Wiles <frank at wiles.org> wrote:
> On Wed, 7 May 2008 18:31:34 +0000
> "David Nicol" <davidnicol at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> All three pieces need to be in place.  The lack of an 'ignore'
>> primitive in svn is in my opinion the perfect example of a feature

>  Actually Subversion has had an ignore feature for quite some
>  time.

Not the /feature/ the /primitive/ by which I meant, a parameter to the
svn utility that twiddles that particular property directly, and which
would get listed when you invoke the "help" primitive with "svn help."

yes, you can set the svn:ignore property in a directory to include files.
What is lacking is "ignore" as a svn command-line primitive outside
of propset.  Which is why Luke's EDITOR-setting hack works.

is "primitive" weird jargon?