[Kc] May Meeting

James Carman developer at peelle.org
Wed May 7 05:59:12 PDT 2008

Hey All,

I would like to know how to speed up project development time. Anyone have some good rapid development tips specific to Perl?

Things like IDE's, Frameworks, MVC's all sound nice, but it seems like I have to learn them to know if they are worth using. I would rather pick your brains. :-D

I am constantly hearing about Visual Studio from other developers I know. Yesterday I attended the Microsoft Hero's event in St. Louis, and watched a demo of their newest IDE/Framework. It is very nice. It is very integrated. I don't know of a current Linux IDE that can compete. On that note I would love to hear more about that subject. Also if there is no awesome IDE available, is anyone interested in collaborating to write one?

--
James Carman