[Kc] Decoupling HTTP and interface

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Mon Mar 24 12:56:45 PDT 2008

Kit Peters wrote:
> So I'm building a RESTful server in Perl to run under Apache2 and
> mod_perl 2.  And it occurs to me that my favorite method of debugging,
> perl -d, is not available in this setup,

I'm the 3rd vote for Catalyst.

In Catalyst, you devel everything using the awesome "dev server," which
is built into Catalyst and can be run using the command-line perl
debugger (-d) anytime you want. Then when you're ready to roll to
production you run the same code, but under mod_perl/Apache instead (or
fastCGI/Apache or fastCGI/lightHTTPD, or other options).

This is how we do web stuff nowadays.  :)