[Kc] Why Corporates Hate Perl

Emmanuel Mejias emmanuel.mejias at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 04:29:32 PDT 2008

Interesting article I came across on Slashdot. Sorry if this is not
appropriate for the mailing list, but I just wanted to get some thoughts on
this since it's not the first time I've read or heard someone say this.

Last week I was in Copenhagen for YAPC::Europe<http://www.yapceurope2008.org/>.
One of the announcements at the conference was the location of next year's
conference which will be in Lisbon <http://www.yapceurope2009.org/>. The
theme of next year's conference will be "Corporate Perl". And that (along
with a couple of conversations last night) got me thinking about a talk that
I'll submit to next year's conference which might well be entitled "Why
Corporates Hate Perl".

Full Story<http://www.oreillynet.com/onlamp/blog/2008/08/why_corporates_hate_perl.html>

What do you mongers think?