[Kc] Accessing Windows Registry remotely with Perl

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Mon May 14 08:55:58 PDT 2007

# from Frank Wiles
# on Monday 14 May 2007 07:43 am:

>> It looked like Win32API::Registry was going to be a way to do this
>> but it appears to be only accessing the local systems Registry.
>
>   I'm not a Windows user, but I seriously doubt this is possible as
> it would be a huge gaping hole for security problems.

The rule of thumb for qdos is generally that if it is a security hole or
bad idea, it is easy to do and well-documented (though, they probably
don't mention the hole.)  If you want it to do anything correctly, that
is generally not possible.

--Eric
--
I eat your socks and you pay me.
--The business sense of a very small goat.