[Kc] Accessing Windows Registry remotely with Perl

djgoku djgoku at gmail.com
Mon May 14 08:09:40 PDT 2007

On 5/14/07, Daryl Fallin <darylvf at gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone know if there is a way to connect to a remote windows system and
> pull registry entries using Perl?
>
>  It looked like Win32API::Registry was going to be a way to do this but it
> appears to be only accessing the local systems Registry.

http://search.cpan.org/~adamk/Win32-TieRegistry-0.25/TieRegistry.pm

Is what you want I think =). This has a little example of how to
connect to a remote machine. I haven't tired it yet though I will be
hopefully soon.

>From TieRegistry.pm:

Remote machines
If the hash is tied to the virtual root of the registry [or the
virtual root of a remote machine's registry], then we treat hash key
strings which start with the delimiter character specially.

If the hash key string starts with two delimiters in a row, then those
should be immediately followed by the name of a remote machine whose
registry we wish to connect to. That can be followed by a delimiter
and more subkey names, etc. If the machine name is not following by
anything, then a virtual root for the remote machine's registry is
created, a hash is tied to it, and a reference to that hash it is
returned.