[Kc] essay on post-scarcity economics, such as open-source software distribution

Matthew Wilson matthew at veradox.com
Mon Sep 25 05:46:16 PDT 2006

The behavior of agalmias gives us useful information about the ways

that societies can change and grow. Open source and free software

communities provide us with excellent modern day agalmias for study,

as does the Internet itself. But long term trends in technology

suggest that material scarcity will likely become less common, and

agalmic behavior more common. In studying the behavior of agalmias we

can see intimations of our technological future.

Robert Levin

Woodland Hills, California, US

May I ask if you ran across this essay as a consequence of hearing about Mr.
Levin's hit-and-run bicycle death?