[Kc] scripting for sonet rings

Garrett Goebel ggoebel at goebel.ws
Thu Nov 16 15:58:01 PST 2006

On Nov 16, 2006, at 5:15 PM, Lokeey wrote:
> i've done the expect scripts for less complex stuff...i figured i'd
> try doing it with perl this time around since there is much more to
> it.
>
> On 11/16/06, David Nicol <davidnicol at gmail.com> wrote: On 11/16/06,
> Lokeey <lokeey at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Sorry, the NEC is the device...and it's dealing with the ADM's
> (add drop
> > multiplexer) basically, i just need to log in, and run some rtrv
> commands
> > using the specified CLLI code that is given.
> >
> > its about 900 or so CLLI codes and i'm not 100% sure how to write
> the
> > script.

Is this a telnet session? ssh?

I've never worked with similar devices. Your acronyms are losing me.

You might check out the following potentially helpful cpan modules:
Workflow
Tree::Simple
Net::Telnet
Bundle::SSH
POE

Someone a while back mentioned what the latest and greatest best most
flexible and maintained SSH module was, but I either wasn't paying
attention, or I've already forgotten its name. Perhaps someone on the
list will remember.

cheers,

Garrett