[Kc] Fwd: [DISCUSS] Petreley calls for action

djgoku djgoku at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 19:17:20 PST 2006

On 11/15/06, Don Ellis <don.ellis at alumni.rice.edu> wrote:
> Do any of you guys know where Nick Petreley came from?

Nick Petreley (Kansas City, MO) is the founding editor of LinuxWorld
magazine, helped establish LinuxWorld Expo, created and first hosted
the Golden Penguin Bowl keynote quiz show for the Expo, and is now the
Linux analyst for Evans Data Corporation and founding editor of
VarLinux.org. He was one of the first journalists to write about
Linux, and Red Hat's own founder Bob Young credits Nicholas as a major
force behind making the current popularity of Linux possible. (From:
http://www.amazon.com/Official-Fedora-Companion-Guide-Project/dp/product-description/0764558366)

> That reminds me. Does anyone have any connections w/ Nick Petreley? In a
> recent article, he talked about flying back to visit Missouri. I was
> wondering if it was through St. Louis or Kansas City. If anyone knows, and
> he frequently comes through St. Louis, I figure we could invite him to
> speak at a meeting the next time he's in town.

It seems that from the above it is Kansas City, MO.

His blog at LJ: http://www.linuxjournal.com/blog/801587
It took me a couple minutes but I found his address/phone number.