[Kc] perl on unix box is frustrating

C.J. Scheppers cscheppers at kc.rr.com
Fri Jun 2 23:59:56 PDT 2006

Many thanks so far for suggestions.  Here are some more clues.  I'm
on a Mac G3 using BBedit, saving script with unix line feeds.  FTP is
by fetch, placing the file as text on the unix server.  Full
permission to read, write, execute.  By deleting one character of
this code, the script will run; by having that one extra character,
the script will not run.  Seems like a buffer is filling up and
overflowing?  As you can see from the script, everything is commented
out, right?  I'm just trying to get the script to run, it doesn't
have to do anything right now except print an html page.  If I can
figure out the problem, I'll resume programming to open file, parse,
print records, etc.

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

#require 'cgi-lib.pl';
#&ReadParse;

#require 'lock.sub' || die "Require: $!\n";

#sub CgiDie {
#  local (@msg) = @_;
#  &CgiError (@msg);
#  die @msg;
#}

#item type|item subdivision|short name|alternate/full
name|webpage|picture|product number|price|eol

#chdir ("../drawer");

#$dir = "E:\\web\\dorenek\\quiet";

#$here = "list";

#open (READ,"$here") || die "Require: $!\n";

#fizz

#close(READ);

#my @fields = split(/\|/,$file[0]);

#$a = $fields