[Kc] Using Perl

Garrett Goebel ggoebel at goebel.ws
Wed Jul 26 10:58:40 PDT 2006

Using Perl for sysadmin tasks was how I got started too.

Did you read the article about SysInternals and Winternals being
bought by Microsoft?  Download their source code while you can ;)

If you don't mind constructive criticism, consider posting your
script to the list. There's nothing that delurks list subscribers
better than posting code that they feel they could have done
better ;)  And you get the added benefit of seeing the different ways
people might approach solving the same problem.

We used to do a variant of Perl Golf (http://www.xs4all.nl/~thospel/
golf/rules.html)... where those who decided to participate could aim
for either the shortest script (standard golf) or the fastest script.

cheers,

Garrett