[Kc] Interactive Login in Perl

Scott Kahler scottk at uclick.com
Mon Jul 17 10:35:50 PDT 2006

I think I found what the problem was.. it's actually Net::SSH::Perl I'm
using.. apologies all around

On Mon, 2006-07-17 at 11:20 -0500, Garrett Goebel wrote:
> On Jul 15, 2006, at 10:56 PM, Dan Hull wrote:
>
> > I am trying to write some perl scripts which will be run from Cron
> > which require interactive ssh or regular unix login.  Can someone
> > point me in the right direction to accomplish this.
>
> require interactive ssh?
>
> You mean setting up "login-less" public key authentication is not an
> option? A google search on "openssh public key authentication" will
> turn up documentation like the following:
>      http://cfm.gs.washington.edu/security/ssh/client-pkauth/
>
> FYI: Net::SSH won't help with interactive logins. Using pre-
> configured RSA or DSA keys is a prerequisite. It's in the Net::SSH
> docs in the FAQ:
>      http://search.cpan.org/dist/Net-SSH/
> SSH.pm#FREQUENTLY_ASKED_QUESTIONS
>

> regular unix login?
>
> If by that you mean execute something locally using different
> credentials... you might try:
>      http://search.cpan.org/dist/Sudo/lib/Sudo.pm
>
> I've never used it. But it might do what you need.
>
> cheers,
>
> Garrett

Scott Kahler
DB Hacker
http://www.uclick.com
816-210-8884
scottk at uclick.com

You have to adhere to a philosophy that the life unexamined is not worth
living, because otherwise you're just living from day to day and you
don't
have any real sense of yourself or where you are. -Tom Hanks