[Kc] July meeting wrapup

Andrew Moore amoore at mooresystems.com
Wed Jul 12 09:09:55 PDT 2006

On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 11:37:13AM -0500, C. Garrett Goebel wrote:
> > * Inside-Out objects
>
> What was the consensus on them?
>
> Is anybody using them in production code? Any particular lessons learned?

Not that I could tell. I certainly won't do it for a while. I wouldn't
put that maintenance duty on anyone I know.

> Are people using Class::Std, Object::InsideOut, or something else?

>From the talk I attended at YAPC, it seemed that Object::InsideOut or
maybe Class:InsideOut are good to use. Class::Std is not thread safe,
but it's rich in features, I think.

You're gonna shoot yourself in the foot by leaking memory from bad
destructors and lazy inheritors, methinks.

But in the meantime, they're interesting to look at.

Do you use them at all?

-Andy