[Kc] Aug 8 meeting

Andrew Moore amoore at mooresystems.com
Tue Aug 8 14:04:20 PDT 2006

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 05:46:21PM -0500, Matthew Wilson wrote:
> Who's planning on attending tomorrow night's meeting?

Sorry, I'm not going to be able to make it tonight.

Based on the mailing list archives from this month, it seems like some
topics which may come up are:

* How do you do interactive logins over SSH to other machines?
  - Net::SSH
  - expect
  - ssh secret keys
  - qx( /usr/bin/ssh ... )

* Should the September meeting be at Barley's at 119th and Quivera?

* What are $_ and @_, and what's up with optional arguments to
  functions?

* parsing HTML with (and without) HTML::SimpleLinkExtor

* If you're interested in reviewing an O'Reilly book for the gang in
  coming months, Garrett (our fearless moderator in absentia) can
  order a copy of it FOR FREE, provided that you present the review to
  us, write it up, and allow it to be used for promotion or
  something. (Garrett, are there any actual available rules to this?)

As always, I doubt that there will be any official agenda. If you want
to ask about or contribute anything about these topics or any other
ones, show up and speak up! Look for the gang in one of the front
rooms of Planet Sub at 50th and Main in KCMO.

If someone could fire off an email tomorrow listing some of the
highlights or attendees from tonight, it would be much appreciated.

Have fun!

-Andy