[Kc] perl (Mason) position available in Overland Park, KS

amoore amoore at mooresystems.com
Tue Nov 15 07:30:38 PST 2005

Hi KC Mongers:

There's an open position for an experienced perl programmer / project
manager at the company I work for in Corporate Woods (Overland Park).
It's a smallish health and occupational safety testing company called
Examinetics. The application that you would be responsible for is a
pretty large web-based application written in Mason and running on
MySQL.

Here are the requirements I copied off of the "official" job
description.

  + Extensive knowledge of Apache and mod_perl required.  Two or three
major mod_perl projects required.
  + In-depth experience with Linux/UNIX and desire to work with Open
Source technology - LAMP developers.
  + Excellent knowledge of Object Oriented Perl required.
  + 4+ years of experience in web site and software application
development in UNIX/LINUX environment required.
  + SQL Server, MySQL and Oracle DB experience required.
  + Experience with multiple applications, branched development and code
sharing in CVS preferred.
  + Proficiency in JavaScript, CSS and shell scripting preferred.
  + Working knowledge of HTML, HTTP, SSL, TCP/IP, DNS and other
applicable protocols and technologies.
  + Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent
experience is required
  + Project Management and life cycle development experience.
  + Strong communication and problem solving skills.

I would add to that:
* Mason experience
* subversion instead of cvs is probably preferred.
* unit testing or test-driven development

The code is organized and sensible, but large; you won't be
micromanaged; you don't have to do (much) external customer service
stuff; the pay is good; and you're looking out for people's health. What
could be better?

If this sounds like something you're interested in, drop me an email or
a phone call and we can chat about it. The position is really similar to
mine and reports to the same VP. I can put you in touch with him or the
HR gang. You can reach me at work at 913-748-2049 or at amoore (at)
examinetics (dot) com.

I hope to see you guys at the December meeting!

-Andy Moore

PS - I'll post something similar to jobs.perl.org pretty soon after I
give you locals a chance, so don't get confused and think there are two
positions open.