[Kc] Keeping Perl Modules Updated

Doug Ledbetter dougl at dougledbetter.org
Thu Nov 10 12:55:19 PST 2005

Hello Everybody,

         I was just updating some Perl modules on one of my servers
today and got to thinking, "Gee, wouldn't it be nice if there was a
system to alert me when there was an update for a particular Perl
module that's installed on my system?"  Of course, the answer is
"Yes!"  Does anybody know of anything to help manage this?  I've got
a server that has a lot of Perl modules and I certainly don't want to
check each one manually in the "cpan" CLI utility.

         I think I've become spoiled after using the Gentoo Linux
distro.  'emerge -upD world' provides me with a list of every package
on the system that has an update available.  Very nice.

Thanks,
-dougl

Doug Ledbetter -- Hagen Software, Inc.
dougl at dougledbetter.org