[Kc] Permission denied on unlink

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 09:44:30 PST 2005

The following is a FAQ, right?

Does anyone know the answer to the question posed at

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/perl-win32-admin/213580

I too am having trouble unlinking files, in directories that were
created tge same way,
and $! is set to

Permission denied

when I do a ls -l in cygwin on the files in question, they are shown as
Administrators, Domain, Users, rwxrwxrwx.  I am running the program with
ActiveState perl however, from a cmd shell, using cygwin environment
for editing.

Is there an alternative to

        system("del $filename")

I want to stay portable.  I can unlink the files from a command line, just
not from unlink.

Is the directory separator the culprit?  The filenames are formed

"$path/$name"  do I need to switch to a backslash, or to :: ?

--
David L Nicol
"You don't know how to maintain a station wagon either!"