[Kc] Last night's meeting

Andrew Moore amoore at mooresystems.com
Wed May 12 15:08:28 CDT 2004

Hi Mongers -

I finally made it back to a meeting!

When I left Garrett, Matt, C.J., Stephen and I had been there. I hear
that Michael also made it after I ducked out early.

A few topics were informally bounced around.

C.J. had his laptop and we played for a while getting apache runnig
perl CGI scripts on it. Garrett Dominated that task.

Another thing that came up was that I had asked about using Build::Module
instead of the old MakeMaker stuff. I have discovered since then that
you can use the "modulemaker" from the ExtUtils::ModuleMaker package to
set up a telmplate for building simple modules, much like h2xs lets you
do the old way. It's worth using in my opinion if you write your own
modules. It looks like Build::Module will become the preferred method
soon, so you may as well learn it now!

Finally, they were out of pale ale, but we still managed a pretty good
time.

See you guys June 8th!

-Andy