[Kc] Re: KC.PM Meeting two nights ago

david nicol whatever at davidnicol.com
Thu Oct 16 21:29:06 CDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 15:49, Garrett Goebel wrote:

> I will be making a presentation on testing home grown code with
> Apache::Test. The code in question will be a mod_perl handler for
> generating Session IDs with cookies or URL embedding. Most people
> who've installed modules from CPAN are familiar with the mantra: perl
> Makefile.PL, make, make test, make install. Until Apache::Test,
> creating comprehensive tests for code running on Apache was a
> herculean task. With Apache::Test this difficult task has become, if
> not easy, possible.

The AxS::Session module looks completely promising!  I have been
imagining extending it to use the AIS single-sign-on system.  Some
kind of persistence framework needs to be available though, for
storing data by session-ID.  Which also would give a better way
to handle POST data when someone with no session submits some.

> Finally, there will be a drawing for those in attendance for an
> O'Reilly mug. -Compliments of O'Reilly for having used a portion of my
> Safari review in their Tip of the Week column.

Did we do this?

*****

For what it's worth I've set myself to implementing a CGI program that
maintains "feature matrices" this evening.  I'll post a link
to the KCPM list when its done.

David Nicol