[Jax.PM] Whiteboarding Perl

Chasecreek Systemhouse chasecreek.systemhouse at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 06:51:32 PST 2005

Blarp!

On 10/29/05, Nate Campi <nate at campin.net> wrote:

> For some reason I've always been unable to demonstrate Perl proficiency
> in a job interview when asked to stand up and write code on a
> whiteboard. Last year I was turned down for a job at Yahoo because of
> this, when I knew everything they wanted about UNIX and DNS (the
> position was a DNS architect/DNS admin position).

LOL.  I went to a job interview at Availity (in 2003) and could no
longer remember NAT and routing rules =(   I am just tankful tey
didn't ask to prove Perl -- I can barely spell Perl and I'm te PM
leader =/   I need to become more tink-skulled

"IT" appens.  =)

(Te letter '' was purposefully left out in an attempt to make tis
e-mail more ligt weigt.)
--
WC -Sx- Jones
open source consulting: