[Jax.PM] Re: perl HTTP header insertion proxy

WC -Sx- Jones lists at insecurity.org
Wed May 14 23:16:34 CDT 2003

OK, now I am prolly totally brain dead  =)

'Expires' is a function of the proxy'ing server itself (mod_proxy.)
How about fixing SSI server to use:

fsize - prints the size of the specified file; and
flastmod - prints the last modification date.

It would mean coding/touching the SSI pages again.  Is the SSI server
truly only SSI or is it a CGI or mod_perl environment?

I still think yet another proxy to do HTTP Header insertion is
unnecessary.  Besides, how would THAT program know what information to
insert?  The CachedLastModifiedFactor should determine if the cache
pages should be updated...

Are you using the Apache Server Admin Handbook written by Kabir?  It
pretty much describes what you stated in the first posting; but it
never mentions that SSI output is unusable by a proxy.  I would think
that would be a major issue - one I feel he would have noted - unless
the caching server doesn't recognize the proxy server to start with.
In other words - is the SSI server a proxy server too?

???
-Sx- :]