[Jax.PM] perl HTTP header insertion proxy

Nate Campi nate at campin.net
Wed May 14 13:19:29 CDT 2003

I have a need for a proxy that sits between a cache acting as a HTTP
accelerator (apache mod_proxy) and a backend SSI apache site that can
add the Content-Length header. We already have the Expires header on the
origin site and will still be lacking Last-Modified but I think we'll be
ok without it.

Does anyone know of such a beast, or something like it? Perhaps there's
a module that could be easily adapted.

I'd tend to shy away from a full-blown mod_perl instance between the
other two layers, too big for a small need. It seems that you could bust
out a simpler standalone perl script that's easier to debug and/or
extend later.

--
Nate Campi    http://www.campin.net