[JaxPM] udp to tcp proxy

Nate Campi nate at campin.net
Tue Apr 9 13:36:16 CDT 2002

On the jacksonville-pm-list; Jax.PM'er Nate Campi <nate at campin.net> wrote -

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002 at 02:24:50PM -0400, Bill -Sx- Jones wrote:
> On the jacksonville-pm-list; Jax.PM'er Bill -Sx- Jones <sneex at mac.com> wrote -
>

> > Anyways, this is on a solaris 2.6 (sparc) box. I have three such
> > proxies, the other two on linux/x86. All are perl 5.6.1 and only the
> > solaris box exibits this behavior.
>
> Don't know about stunnel, but are you flushing your buffer (forcing a write)

Yes, autoflush on the handle.

> I cannot test as I am now at 5.7.x and - IIRC - I believe when I upgraded to
> perl 5.7.2 that problem went away - so it may not be YOUR code but I feel it
> is Perl related and not Solaris related.

I can test it on some solaris 8 boxes, but time is limited, I kinda just
want it fixed.

Upgrading perl is a big deal on this box, we have perl daemons that
monitor web clusters and take them out of service in load balancers and
restart web servers on the boxes themselves - all on this one box. Maybe
tonight I'll upgrade it, carefully ;)
--
"The percentage of users running Windows NT Workstation 4.0 whose PCs
stopped working more than once a month was less than half that of Windows