[JaxPM] [Boston.pm] OT- Web-Centric error message haiku (fwd)

j proctor jproctor at oit.umass.edu
Thu Sep 27 14:06:51 CDT 2001

On the jacksonville-pm-list; Jax.PM'er j proctor <jproctor at oit.umass.edu> wrote -

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 14:12:08 -0400
From: dpuro at mindspring.com
Subject: [Boston.pm] OT- Web-Centric error message haiku

Some of you may have seen this plea on www.perlmonks.org. Please ignore if you aren't interested.

We've all seen the error message haiku thingy that was run by salon a while ago.
While funny, they were kind of scattered in terms of subject matter.

What I'd like to do is build a publicly available database of web-centric error
message haiku, like:

   You want that web page?
   Like a pebble in a lake,
   it is lost for now.

Why web-centric? I think that'd be of most use to the most people- perl web folks,
apache people, php folks, etc. Not that perl haiku aren't useful,
but just too specific to be good 404 pages.

I realize this isn't the most original idea, but I couldn't find a good list of
web-focused haiku out there and we all need a little diversion here or
there.

Please go to http://haiku.geekuprising.com and put in your offerings.
After a little while collecting haiku, I'll build an interface to search, download,
and rank them.

Thanks! Feel free to forward this out to your geeky friends!

-DJCP