[JaxPM] [NON-PERL] FW: Interesting OSX article from O'Reilly Network

JONES, WILLIAM C wcjones at exchange.fccj.org
Fri May 11 11:37:17 CDT 2001

On the jacksonville-pm-list; Jax.PM'er "JONES, WILLIAM C" <wcjones at exchange.fccj.org> wrote -

FYI -

  [NON-PERL Posting/Sx]

-----Original Message-----
From: Denise Olliffe
To: bill at fccj.org
Sent: 5/11/01 12:12 PM
Subject: Interesting OSX article from O'Reilly Network

Article I thought you'd find interesting...

Mac OS X appeals to laptop users because of its networking flexibility
and fast start from sleep. And as good as Mac OS X is on a desktop Mac,
it's even better on a PowerBook or iBook because of its advantages in
wireless environments.

In this two-part series, O'Reilly Network Managing Editor Derrick Story
describes how users can migrate to Mac OS X without descending into
computing hell. He includes step-by-step instructions plus complete
recommendations for hardware. I thought the series would interest you.

Notable quote: "You can't afford to go off and have some wild OS fling
just for the fun of it. If you're going to upgrade, then it has to
work."

The Disaster-Free Upgrade to Mac OS X
by Derrick Story * 5/1/01
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/mac/2001/05/01/macosx_upgrade.html

The Disaster-Free Upgrade to Mac OS X -- Part 2
by Derrick Story * 5/8/01
http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/a/mac/2001/05/08/macosx_upgrade.html

Mac DevCenter on O'Reilly Network
http://www.oreillynet.com/mac/