[JaxPM] RE: O'Reilly announcements

JONES, WILLIAM C wcjones at exchange.fccj.org
Wed Sep 27 14:21:07 CDT 2000

On the jacksonville-pm-list; Jax.PM'er "JONES, WILLIAM C" <wcjones at exchange.fccj.org> wrote -

Denise  :]

After having discussed this with the members and not having found any
disagreement therein, these announcements will continued to be posted, but I
will preface each as NON-PERL related content.  That way members who want to
see ONLY Perl related content can filter these postings out.  A simple
matter.  Unfortunately I have already lost two members who felt I was
spamming my own list.

What I find incredible is that just about everyone is in 'read-only mode'
(lurking) and no one has posted in months. The list isn't dead just not
being posted too...

My own opinion is that the Jax.PM membership would be interested in these:
Perl, PHP, Apache, mod_perl, Linux, Unix  (I forward non-Open Source related
works as I feel, as another member stated, that not everything we do is
about Perl, but Perl is used in the equation - in other words these other
books are of some import to other members.)

Should other members feel that even prefacing these posting with NON-PERL to
be offensive, please so state at this time or forever hold your peace.  :)
Also, if you do wish to re-align our profile with ORA, please so state in
your comments.
Peace.