[JaxPM] RE: O'Reilly Releases "Managing the Windows 2000 Registry"

j proctor jproctor at oit.umass.edu
Fri Sep 22 12:32:11 CDT 2000

On the jacksonville-pm-list; Jax.PM'er j proctor <jproctor at oit.umass.edu> wrote -

> Why do we keep getting these non-perl related announcements about O'Reilly
> books???

Because Sneexie loves us, and knows that while we all have Perl in common,
most of us don't have the luxury of revolving our lives around it--we have
other jobs that we happen to get to use Perl at.  Since O'Reilly is a
known reliable source for all kinds of techie information and a huge
sponsor of all things Perl, it's a reasonable thing for him to pass
special deals on to us in case they interest us.  They support us by
giving us programming languages, reference materials, and Larry; in
exchange, we buy their books.  It's not a bad deal.

If the extra list traffic bothers you, maybe we can convince him to put
the keyword "non-Perl" in the subject line and your mail software can
filter it.  I'll probably keep reading them, though, and I'd wager that
the first Perl utility for managing Win2k registry will be based on this
book just announced.

P.S.  Bill probably cringes when I call him Sneexie.  I don't recommend
anyone who lives within a thousand miles try this.  Nate, I guess you're
okay.  :)