[JaxPM] perl documentation

Jax PM Moderator jacksonville-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org
Tue Feb 1 00:19:01 CST 2000

On the jacksonville-pm-list; Jax.PM'er Jax PM Moderator <jacksonville-pm-list at happyfunball.pm.org> wrote -

Learning Perl is a good book to have 'any way...'

And yes, this subject is 'right on topic.'

The on-line docs are better, mainly from the stand-point that
they are 'evolving' and the printed versions (books) are static.

IMHO:  Once it's printed - it's out-of-date...

>From another angle - the on-line version is prone to
'hic-cups' in syntax and other issues.  Basically, take
each source, book or on-line, with a small grain of salt.

-Sneex- :]
Bill Jones  |  Systems Programmer |  http://www.fccj.org/cgi/mail?sneex
FCCJ  |  501 W State St  |  Jacksonville, FL 32202  |  1 (904) 632-3089

$_="Jacksonville Perl Mongers";while(/([Jacksonville Perl Mongers])/g){
print join(" ",map{defined $_ ? $_ : ""}$`,$&,$',$+),"\n";}