My Perl program came to life...and other strange stories

Bill Jones bill at fccj.org
Tue Oct 5 20:20:33 CDT 1999

On the Jax.PM jacksonville-pm-list;
"Bill Jones" <bill at fccj.org> wrote -

A 'man', who discovered the True meaning of the Universe, spake -

> I was getting it to act just the way that I wanted it to, and I realized
> that (at least to me) it was alive. It was weird, having created
> something that seemed alive. I don't want to compare it to feeling like
> God, but maybe like a father. Ok, I am a father, and when my son was
> born it was WAY messier, so maybe it's more like an artist and his/her
> creation, perhaps a sculptor.
>
> I think I saw part of what makes people so dedicated to programming.

Stick with the 'painter / sculptor' mentality and you won't feel let down
later - GODHOOD is not a good thing, especially when your not ;)

> it looks like it's a very good time to know Perl. Now I'm frantically
> trying to learn as much as I can so that I might actually be employable
> for just my Perl skills. Wish me luck.

Good luck!

PS - Learn PDF Forms and Flash 4 Forms and Perl on Win32:*
then you will be very much in demand.  CGI is over rated,
being able to handle business needs is where the fun is.

-Sneex-  :]

The Jacksonville Perl Monger's Group is operated by -
Bill -Sneex- Jones ( sneex at usa.net ),