Minutes of the First Official Meeting

Chastain, Jack (Jack)** CTR ** chastain at lucent.com
Fri Oct 15 08:50:36 CDT 1999

Thanks to the IS guy, I didn't have time to stop for the Carnation. Guess it
will be Swiss Miss the next time. (Let's not go there!)

And all my Perl firends are either in Albany or Whippany, NJ! I was hoping
to make new ones in the valley, but they all seem to just want to rag on me
for missing the premier in Hyde Park! Well, at least 50% of them anyway!

Most dates are fine with me. Alternate Tuesdays are out (now it is Tuesday,
not Thursday. Albany PM has shifted back to their original sched.) but
almost anything else is good. Thursday the whatever-he-said is good (so
far).

I am trying to get a deviant programmer friend to join us - but this last
time he got yelled at by his wife for going out to dinner but not having a
job. I am trying to get a lot of Perl/Linux influence into him being as he
is deviant and does ALL his work in that "other" OS. Maybe if he gets the
bug (not bloody likely), he could find some work!