[pm-h] September talk

Mark Allen mrallen1 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 28 09:24:22 PDT 2016

I'd like to propose this talk for September's Perl meeting-

How Functional Programming Made Me Better at Perl

Although most people treat Perl as an imperative language, it has always been possible to use functional programming idioms in Perl 5. Vastly better described by Mark Jason Dominius in what I consider to be one of the best books about programming (in general, not just about Perl)  Higher Order Perl (full text can be found here: http://hop.perl.plover.com) I will illustrate many ways that functional programming constructions bring great power and conciseness to your Perl code.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone