[pm-h] CPAN adoption list

Michael R. Davis mrdvt92 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 30 07:18:55 PDT 2013

I noticed that there is a flag for "Up for Adoption".  How do I flag the packages that I no longer use as "Up for Adoption".  I did not see anywhere in PAUSE to do that.  I guess the hard part is knowing if anyone is really using your packages, If I knew that they were worthless then, I'd just delete them.

Most of the packages up for adoption most likely need to be re-written as wrappers of supported packages.  Like File-Slurp should most likely be re-released as wrapper for Path::Class::File->slurp or any of the other 20 slurp packages.

However, I  tried to adopt HTML-CalendarMonthSimple but never did get it done officially. So, my release is flagged as "** UNAUTHORIZED RELEASE **"

Mike