[pm-h] Introductory Perl Help

G. Wade Johnson gwadej at anomaly.org
Wed Oct 23 11:43:12 PDT 2013

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 16:41:45 -0700
Scott Adams <scott at codewriter.info> wrote:

> I no longer live in Houston, but if anyone has a Perl related
> question I'd be happy to provide help or direction to documentation.

Thanks for offering, Scott.

I'm hoping to get people more interested in/comfortable with asking
questions on the list as well. So both the hangout and mailing list
should be available for help.

G. Wade

> On Oct 21, 2013 11:04 PM, "G. Wade Johnson" <gwadej at anomaly.org>
> wrote:
>
> > One of the goals listed on our "About Houston.pm"
> > (http://houston.pm.org/about.html) page is "Provide help and
> > mentoring to local Perl programmers."
> >
> > After talking with a few of the more inexperienced Perl programmers
> > in our group, I think we are falling down in this area.
> >
> > For this reason, I'm going to be starting a regular session for
> > answering basic Perl and programming questions. I'd like to get some
> > input from those who need this help.
> >
> > 1. Would you be willing to get together for another monthly meeting
> > for mentoring and question answering?
> >
> > 2. Would you be willing to do a monthly remote session through
> > something like Google Hangouts, where you could get help?
> >
> > 3. Would you be more inclined to talk to a single person, or one of
> > a few experts?
> >
> > 4. Would you use this session regularly?
> >
> > 5. Would you use this session only when you run into a specific
> > problem?
> >
> > I really appreciate your time and input on this. Having mentored
> > people before and taught programming classes, I'm confident that we
> > can make this work.
> >
> > Thanks for your time and help.
> > G. Wade
> > --
> > Understanding is a three-edged sword.      -- Kosh in "Deathwalker"

I know I'm on the right track when by deleting code I'm adding
functionality.                                       -- John Carter