[pm-h] ode blogging (perl script)

Mark Allen mrallen1 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 10 09:39:04 PDT 2012

These days WordPress is pretty good about keeping your customizations and stuff
consistent across upgrades.  And there's always wordpress.com if you don't want to
self host.  Wordpress.com even supports LaTeX

http://en.support.wordpress.com/latex/

I personally write most of blog posts in Markdown, save them to github and
use a tiny little perl script to turn them into HTML for posting on my original blog.

You can check out my repository for this work here:

https://github.com/mrallen1/P5P-Weekly

This works pretty nicely - then I have a form that looks reasonably nice as plain
text and as HTML without doing any extra work.  One thing that's nice about
Markdown is that even if it isn't rendered it's a pretty clean reading experience.

Mark