[pm-h] moveable type versus wordpress

Russell L. Harris rlharris at oplink.net
Thu Apr 9 16:30:57 PDT 2009

I looked at blogging packages a couple of years ago.  Back then,
WordPress appealed to me.  But over the past year or so, WordPress has
been issuing a new release every few months, and upgrading to a new
release can take an hour or more.  Such devotion may be merited by a
religion, but not by a blogging tool.

Somehow I overlooked Moveable Type, together with the fact that MT is
written in Perl.

My blog has static content -- an article is added once or twice a week,
and there is no provision for comments or user interaction.  A visitor
should be able to see an index of article titles, and he should be able
to print out individual articles.

While I am searching with Google to seet the pros and cons of switching
from WP to MT, I thought it might be well to inquire as to how MT rates
among members of the Perl community.

RLH